|Product name||Stainless steel thread pipe fittings|
|Material||SS201, SS304/CF8, SS316/CF8M and so on|
|Certificate||ISO9001: 2000, CE|
|Connection Ends||Socket Weld or Threaded: NPT, BSP, BSPT etc|
|Suitable medium||Petroleum, chemical, power, gas, water, pipeline, heat exchanger, shipbuilding, construction, high&low pressure pipeline, etc|
|Temperature Range||-20-300 degree C|
Elbow, tee, street elbow, cross, coupling, hex nipple, barrel nipple, plug, bushing, cap, union, hose nipple, welding nipple, hex. nut, etc
|We have been worked in this area for more than 15 years, and we know each market’s request, with a good reputation among our customers, we always pursuit a high quality and best service and price|
|Sample test before machining, and 100% test after the machining|
|We also have a series of products such as: flanges, pipes, forged fittings, ball valves and butterfly valves; And some hardware parts such: post anchors, ground screws, and some other wooden connectors|
|7 days / 24 hours online service, and fastest delivery time|
|We can do OEM products|
|Delivery time||Usually 25 days around and can negotiate as per order qty|
|Shipping port||ZheJiang XIHU (WEST LAKE) DIS.G|
|Term of Payment||T/T, L/C, DP, etc|
|Package detail||Polybag+cartons+pallet / wooden case|
|Application||Stainless steel pipeline system, water system, petroleum system, etc|
1.Strong toughness, high hardness, easy to use, easy to install
2.Thicker is more durable and reliable, corrosion-resistant, explosion-proof and compression-resistant
3.Lengthen and deepen the thread, thicken the body
HangZhou Bewin pipeline Co., Ltd is 1 of the leading companies dealing in exporting Pipes, Ball Valves, Flanges, Forged Fittings, etc.
Our product range includes: Carbon, alloy and stainless steel. Valve grades including ANSI, JIS, DIN. Pipes in various grades including API-5CT, API-5L, ASTM, ISO, DIN, GB/T. Flanges including ASME, JIS, DIN, NPT, etc.
We have advanced equipment, skilled workers and a strict QC system to ensure accurate size and high-quality products.
Q: Are you manufacturer or trading company?
A: We are a manufacturer which was established in 2008 and have 11 years producing experience.
Q: What’s the advantage of your parts for industry products?
A: Competitive prices, high quality and fast delivery.
Q: How is your payment term?
A: Generally, our payment term is T/T 30% in advance and the balance 70% against the copy of B/L.
How do Temperature and Environmental Conditions Affect Half Coupling Performance?
The performance of half couplings can be significantly influenced by temperature and environmental conditions. These factors can affect the materials, integrity, and overall functionality of the coupling in various ways. Here’s how temperature and environmental conditions impact half coupling performance:
- Temperature: Extreme temperatures, whether high or low, can affect the properties of the coupling material. For instance, at high temperatures, certain materials may experience reduced strength and increased susceptibility to creep or deformation. On the other hand, low temperatures can make some materials brittle and prone to cracking. It is essential to select half couplings made from materials that can withstand the expected temperature range in the application.
- Corrosive Environments: Half couplings used in corrosive environments are exposed to chemical agents that can cause material degradation. Corrosion can weaken the coupling’s structure and lead to leaks. In such cases, using corrosion-resistant materials, coatings, or liners can be beneficial to maintain coupling performance and longevity.
- Humidity and Moisture: Excessive humidity and moisture can accelerate corrosion and contribute to the deterioration of the coupling over time. Regular cleaning and protection against moisture ingress are necessary to ensure optimal performance in damp environments.
- Abrasive Particles: In industrial settings with abrasive particles present in the fluid or environment, half couplings may experience wear and erosion. This can lead to surface damage and affect the coupling’s sealing ability. Selecting materials with high wear resistance and using filters or strainers to remove abrasive particles can help mitigate these effects.
- UV Radiation: In outdoor applications exposed to sunlight, UV radiation can degrade certain materials, particularly polymers and elastomers. Couplings made from UV-resistant materials or employing protective coatings can help counteract this effect.
- Thermal Expansion: Temperature fluctuations cause thermal expansion and contraction of the pipes and the half couplings. In systems where thermal expansion is not adequately accommodated, stress on the couplings can lead to leaks or joint failure over time. Providing expansion joints or using materials with low thermal expansion coefficients can address this issue.
- Altitude: At higher altitudes, air pressure is reduced, which can affect system performance, especially if the half couplings are not designed for such conditions. It is essential to consider altitude-related effects on pressure and temperature when selecting the appropriate coupling materials.
- Weather and Climate: Half couplings installed outdoors are exposed to weather conditions like rain, snow, hail, and extreme temperatures. These factors can impact the coupling’s integrity and performance. Regular maintenance and inspections become crucial to identify and address any weather-related damages.
To ensure optimal half coupling performance, it is essential to consider the specific temperature and environmental conditions of the application. Choosing suitable materials, applying protective coatings, and implementing proper maintenance practices are essential steps to enhance the longevity and reliability of half couplings in various operating environments.
Are there Industry Standards or Certifications for Half Couplings?
Yes, there are industry standards and certifications for half couplings to ensure their quality, performance, and safety. These standards are established by various organizations to provide guidelines for manufacturers, distributors, and users of half couplings. Compliance with these standards helps maintain consistency, reliability, and compatibility within the industry. Some of the prominent standards and certifications related to half couplings include:
- ASME B16.11: The American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME) sets the ASME B16.11 standard for forged fittings, including socket weld and threaded half couplings. This standard covers the requirements for materials, dimensions, ratings, testing, and marking of forged fittings used in high-pressure applications.
- ASTM A105 / ASTM A182: ASTM International establishes standards for materials used in various industries. ASTM A105 covers forged carbon steel piping components, including couplings, for ambient and higher-temperature service. ASTM A182 includes specifications for forged or rolled alloy-steel pipe flanges, forged fittings, and valves and is commonly referenced for high-temperature or corrosive applications involving half couplings made from alloy steels.
- API 5CT / API 5L: The American Petroleum Institute (API) develops standards for the oil and gas industry. API 5CT specifies requirements for casing and tubing, and API 5L covers seamless and welded steel line pipe. In oil and gas applications, half couplings used for connecting casing and tubing components are expected to meet the API standards.
- ISO 9001: The International Organization for Standardization (ISO) sets the ISO 9001 standard for quality management systems. Manufacturers of half couplings can obtain ISO 9001 certification to demonstrate their commitment to consistent quality and continuous improvement in their processes and products.
- UL Listing: Underwriters Laboratories (UL) offers product testing and certification services. Half couplings used in fire protection systems or other safety-critical applications may undergo testing and receive UL listing to ensure compliance with fire safety and performance standards.
- Pressure Equipment Directive (PED): In the European Union, the Pressure Equipment Directive sets requirements for the design, manufacture, and conformity assessment of pressure equipment, including half couplings used in pressurized systems. Compliance with PED is mandatory for certain pressure equipment intended for use in the EU market.
It is essential for users and buyers of half couplings to verify that the products they purchase meet the relevant industry standards and certifications. Ensuring compliance with these standards helps assure the performance, safety, and reliability of half couplings in various applications and industries.
What are the Standard Sizes and Dimensions Available for Half Couplings?
Half couplings, as pipe fittings used in piping and plumbing systems, are available in various standard sizes and dimensions to accommodate different pipe sizes and applications. The sizes and dimensions of half couplings depend on the pipe’s nominal diameter and the specifications set by industry standards organizations. Some common standard sizes and dimensions for half couplings are as follows:
- Thread Sizes: Half couplings come with different thread sizes to match the corresponding pipe threads. Common thread sizes for half couplings include 1/8″, 1/4″, 3/8″, 1/2″, 3/4″, 1″, 1-1/4″, 1-1/2″, 2″, 2-1/2″, 3″, 4″, 5″, 6″, and larger.
- Length: The length of a half coupling refers to the distance from one end to the other. It is typically a few inches, depending on the pipe size and application requirements. Lengths for half couplings can range from around 1 inch to 12 inches or more.
- Outer Diameter (OD): The outer diameter of a half coupling refers to the measurement across the widest point of the coupling’s external surface. It corresponds to the pipe’s outer diameter it is intended to connect to. Common OD sizes for half couplings include 1.05″, 1.32″, 1.66″, 1.90″, 2.38″, 2.88″, 3.50″, 4.50″, 5.56″, 6.63″, 8.63″, and others.
- Materials: Half couplings are available in various materials, as mentioned in the previous answer. The material selection depends on factors such as the type of fluid being transported, the temperature, the pressure, and the corrosion resistance requirements.
It is essential to refer to industry standards, such as ANSI (American National Standards Institute), ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers), or ASTM (American Society for Testing and Materials), to ensure that the half couplings meet the specific dimensional and material requirements of the application.
When selecting a half coupling, it is crucial to consider the following factors:
- Pipe Size Compatibility: Ensure that the half coupling’s thread size matches the pipe’s thread size to create a secure and leak-proof connection.
- Application Requirements: Consider the operating conditions, including pressure, temperature, and the nature of the fluid being transported, to choose the appropriate material and dimensions for the half coupling.
- Standards Compliance: Select half couplings that meet industry standards to ensure safety and compatibility with other components in the system.
In summary, half couplings are available in various standard sizes and dimensions, with different thread sizes and materials to accommodate diverse pipe sizes and applications. Proper selection based on the specific requirements of the piping or plumbing system is essential for ensuring a reliable and efficient connection between pipes.
editor by CX 2023-08-04